The Call Before Showing (CBS) code is an additional way of controlling access to your client's property. It means that in order to access a Keybox a showing agent needs to contact the listing agent for the code, since only those with the actual code will be able to access the Keybox.
Some examples of good uses for a CBS code:
- You have a listing in a condo building and there are potentially multiple keyboxes to choose from; using a CBS code will verify that only when the showing agent has an appointment on your specific listing will they get access to your keybox using a valid CBS code.
- You have a higher profile listing and while you do want a keybox on the property, without a CBS code any agent with a valid eKey can gain access; however, with a CBS code, only those agents that have been given the CBS code by the listing agent will be able to access the keybox.
- You have a client who is very specific about when the property is accessed, possibly due to shift work, childcare or other reasons; having a CBS code on the property would help to ensure that only those showing agents with actual confirmed appointments and a valid CBS code will be able to access the keybox and therefore get inside the property.
Once you have the CBS Code on the Keybox, you should also add that information in the Agent Remarks on the listing in Paragon and as well you could add the actual CBS code to the Access Information Tab in Showing Time, which would mean the showing agents only receive the CBS code after you have approved a showing. You can also set up Showing Time to only send the CBS code within a predetermined access window via Showing Time.
The steps involved are:
- Setup the CBS Code on your actual Supra Keybox
- Several steps require you to access the physical Keybox and manually ensure the CBS code is activated and even change it. Click here to learn how
Enter the information into your Paragon Listing under Private Remarks that there is a CBS code for the Keybox.
- From Paragon go to Maintain Listing and edit the Private Marks to include the information that if a showing is requested that a follow-up prior to actually showing the property will include the CBS Code.
- Recommendation to NOT include the CBS Code in the Private Remarks.
- Link your Keybox serial number to your Paragon listing so that showing agents will see that there is a CBS code when they click the Supra link on your listing.
Click here to learn how to link your Supra Keybox into Paragon.
- Add the CBS Code as part of the Access Information in Showing Time, which will only send this information to confirmed appointments.
Click here to learn about the Showing Time Access Information.