The RAE’s MLS® System is governed under a set of adopted rules that are enforced province-wide by all the Real Estate Boards in Alberta.
All properties marketed on the RAE’s MLS® System are subject to these Rules, including Judicial Sales, Civil Enforcements and Bank Foreclosure Listings. Before the Rules became harmonized, there was some leniency provided to Members who placed a listing that had complications arising from a judicial sale or civil enforcement listing that had difficulty with showings. These listings were permitted to be placed on the Association’s MLS® System with no access and/or no showings without a prescribed order.
The RAE feels strongly that following the harmonized rules across the province is of the utmost importance and as such, all properties marketed on the RAE’s MLS® System will be subject to the Rules including Judicial sale, civil enforcement and Bank foreclosure listings effective July 22, 2021.
2.03 Additional Requirements
- Properties listed on the Board’s MLS® System shall be available for showings within 24 hours of a request being made to view it, with the following exceptions:
- If the property is occupied by a tenant as defined in the Residential Tenancies Act, that property will be available for showing as prescribed by the Residential Tenancies Act.
- If the property is a judicially ordered sale, the property will be available for showing as prescribed by the judicial order.
iii. Commercial properties which are not subject to this Rule 2.03.b.
All properties must be made available for access unless a legal document is in place to confirm the property is not accessible. Exceptions to these rules will only be made where:
- A court order indicates that showings are not permitted.
- Alberta Health Services issues a restriction on entering a property for safety reasons; or
- There is a police order that restricts access.
Properties that do not have a restriction order in place and are not accessible for showings, unfortunately, are not permitted to be listed on the Association’s MLS® System. RAE’s rules still apply, during the pandemic, for all active listings to have some leniency for showings due to COVID-19 related concerns. You may find the link to those here.
Members that currently have listings on the system with no access will be contacted and the MLS® Help Desk will be working with them to make arrangements to get the proper paperwork in place to comply with the current Rules and Regulations.