Paragon gives you the ability to customize your search screens or templates. You choose which fields to display and the order in the fields appears to suit your business needs. You can use this same tool when you need to add a field to a search for the specific needs of a client.
The following guide will walk you through customizing fields and saving search templates.
- Customize Fields
- Create a Search Template
- Open a Saved Search Template
- Customize your Default Search Template
Step 1: While in a search criteria screen, hover over Customize, then click Fields to begin.
Step 2: Paragon Customizing tools have the following look and function.
- Find Box: Start to type the name of the field you are looking for. It will filter the available fields to the fields that have the word in their field name.
- Available Fields: The fields on the left are the fields available to be added to the template.
- Editing tools: The editing tools in between the Available Fields and Selected Fields allow you to add, delete or position the fields higher or lower on the template. Select the field(s) to edit and click the appropriate tool button. Alternatively, you can double-click a field to move it from one side to the other.
- Selected Fields: The fields on the right are the fields currently on the template.
- Save Options: Once you have customized the fields to your liking, you can now choose to save the changes to the existing search (Apply/Save), create a new search (Apply/Save As), or apply to the current form without saving (Apply).
Create a Search Template
A search template is a great way to set up and save the search fields for a specific search. For example, if you commonly look for a property with a separate entrance and suite, save a search template with the fields instead of customizing your default search each time.
Step 1: To add additional fields, hover over Customize, then click Fields.
Step 2: After adding the fields, click Apply/Save As to save this as a new search template.
Now, the next time you want to search for a separate entrance and/or secondary suite, you can load this search template instead of customizing the fields.
Open a Saved Search Template
There are three ways to open a saved search template.
1. From the search criteria screen, click Load Search, then click Load Saved Search.
2. From the Search menu, click Saved Property Searches.
3. In the Power Search, type the name of the saved search.
Customize your Default Search
Do you find yourself always add the same field to your default search? Customize your default search and save it as your new default search. In this example, we will add a field to our Residential Default Search.
Step 1: Hover over Customize, then click Fields.
Step 2: Search for the field you want to add (in the example we searched for Lot Shape) then double-click the field to add it to Selected Fields. Next, click Apply/Save.
Step 3: Finally, on the Save Search pop-up window, under Assign as Default select Make this My Default for Residential searches. Then click Save.