Ever wondered how to enter an address that is different from the norm? Or how to enter a rural address? This guide will go over how to enter an address for Residential and Rural properties.
Residential Input Fields
- Used for units in a condominium
- ‘#’ is automatically placed in front of the address display so you don’t need to
- The suite number is rarely the same as the legal unit number
2. Low Range # / Alpha
- The low range number can consist of a maximum of six numbers and the low range alpha can consist of one alpha at the end of the low range number
- Used for properties that contains more than one street number.
- Most used for listings selling both sides of a side-by-side duplex.
3. Address Number
- Contains the street number and high range alpha
- The street number can consist of a maximum of six (6) numbers and the high range alpha can consist of one (1) alpha at the end of the street number (ex. 123B)
4. Street Name
- The street name should only contain the name or number of the street name.
5. Street Type
- Select the type of street. For example, street, road, avenue, boulevard, crescent, etc.
6. Street Direction
- Currently labelled ‘Post Direction’ in Paragon
- Street direction is used when a road is part of or is a ring road.
- For example, Knottwood Road consists of Knottwood Road N NW, Knottwood Road E NW and Knottwood Road S NW, Knottwood Road W NW (See below)
7. City Quadrant
- City Quadrant is a required field for properties in Edmonton
- Majority of the city is located within the Northwest (NW) quadrant, except for neighbourhoods south of the Anthony Henday that are in the Southwest (SW), and some addresses in the Northeast (NE) quadrant.
- See next page for a map with Approximate Guideline. Search the address on the City of Edmonton’s Demographic Map (maps.Edmonton.ca) to confirm City Quadrant.
Residential Address Examples
Property is a Single Family Home and the address is 1308 56 Street SW, Edmonton
Property is a Condo and the address is #1505 12356 Main Street.
Property is a Duplex Side by Side and the address is 13530 - 13532 Somewhere Avenue.
Rural Input Fields
1. Address Number
- Enter the House Number assigned by County
- Property is usually in a subdivision
- Rarely the same as the Legal Lot number
2. Street Name
- Enter the full rural address except the house number, if applicable
- Do not use abbreviations of Range Road, Township Road etc. This will increase the accuracy and ability of Paragon and Google Maps to locate the property using the address.
- Road names are put up by developers, the full address is the preferred emergency address. Only use one or the other. You can put the other in the public or private remarks.
- Do not use P.O Boxes as the address.
- If an address has not been assessed, use the crossroads it is located on.
3. Street Type
- Street Type is not required, unless it is a named address (ex. 123 County Road)
- We do not suggest using for rural addresses (ex. 52152 Range Road 221). This may decrease the accuracy and ability of Paragon and Google Maps to locate and make searching on Paragon harder.
4. City Quadrant
- Only applies to properties in Edmonton
5. Postal Code
- If the property is not mapping with the Address, Paragon automatically triggers a second request based on the Postal Code, so it will not map in an ocean.
- If a postal code has not yet been assigned, use the nearest post office.
- Go to CanadaPost.ca to search for the properties postal code.
Rural Address Examples
Address is 4-53225 Range Road 93
Address is 9206 Township Road 532
Address is not assigned yet but is on the corner of Highway 21 and Range Road 210.
Address is 139 County Park or 52152 Range Road 221. Road names are put up by developers, the full address is the preferred emergency address. We recommend using the preferred emergency address.