Who may commence an appeal?
A Member and/or Administrative Assistant who is the subject of the offence may appeal with the
written support of the Broker or Manager.
What decisions may be appealed?
The Vice President of Membership will accept written appeals from Members and/or Administrative Assistants for Administrative Penalties administered by the Association for any Brokerload Offence.
How do I appeal?
To start an appeal, you must deliver a notice of appeal in writing with the written support of the Broker or Manager of the Brokerage within the 2 week period of receiving the Brokerload offence letter up to the due date of payment of the administrative penalty (if applicable). There is no special form for the notice of appeal, but it must:
- Be in writing; and,
- Be signed by the Member and/or Administrative Assistant appealing and that Member and or Administrative Assistant’s Broker or Manager
In addition, the notice of appeal must include the following:
- The name, address and phone number of the Member and/or Administrative Assistant appealing, along with the name, address and phone number of the Broker or Manager supporting the appeal;
- The grounds for appeal (what is wrong with the decision);
- A description of the relief requested (what decision do you want); and
- A copy of the decision and supporting documents being appealed.
The notice of appeal may be delivered to the Association by e-mail, mail, courier, or by hand delivery. The REALTORS® Association of Edmonton’s normal business hours are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays to the MLS® Help Desk at email@example.com or at the Association Address at Suite 101, 18354 118 Avenue NW, Edmonton AB T5S 2G2.
How will the decision be determined and communicated?
The Association’s Vice President of Membership will review all the documentation presented and decide on whether the offence will remain on file and the administrative penalty (if applicable) will remain as charged or be varied. A written response of the decision will be sent to the Member or Administrative Assistant and the Broker or Manager. ALL APPEAL DECISIONS ARE FINAL.